Building Name -: Namba Park
Location -: Namba-naka Nichome, Naniwa-ku, Osaka, Japan,
the south of Namba Station on Nankai Railway
Owner -: Nankai Electric Railway
Architect -: Jon A. Jerde , of The Jerde Partnership,
an American architect, professor at UCLA
and author of several publications
Contractor -: Mori Building Co
Year of Opening -: 2003
- It was build in the fottprint of Osaka baseball Stadium.
- It consists high office building called Parks Tower, 120 tenant Shopping Mall rooftop garden, Carnival Mall on 1st floor, For shopping, various shops are available on 2nd to 5th floor, Casual restaurants are located on 6th floor, Fine-dining restaurants are on the 7th and 8th floor, The 9th floor (topmost) has landscape garden, There is also an amphitheater for live shows, as well as space for small personal vegetable gardens and wagon shops.
- Alongside a 30-story tower, the project features a lifestyle commercial center crowned with a rooftop park that crosses multiple blocks while gradually ascending eight levels.
- Namba Parks is a combination of 3 elements: a mall, a park, and a circulation space flowing through it.
- The shops are connected by bridges or face lively mini squares, enabling visitors to experience the space in a human scale, a kind of commercial promenade in heart of the city.
- A cascade of terraces offers both public and more private spaces, using techniques such as subtle changes in the texture of the floor, unevenness in the lawn or the incorporation of a particular type of tree.
- Unique feature of the park is Grand Canyon as a circulation of the building.
- The execution of the details has been carefully carried out, taking into account different colors, textures and materials.
- Because of the trees, the amount of humidity is higher, as extreme heat or cold are controlled naturally. Environmental pollution has also been significantly reduced, providing a more comfortable and healthy microclimate to the Namba district.