Building Name – The Turkmen State Circus
Location – Aishgabat, Turkmenistan
Administor – Ministry of Culture and Broadcasting of Turkmenistan
Architect – Arif Zeynalov.
Year of Start – 1979
Year of End – 1984
- In 2001, Saparmurat Niyazov abolished circus.
- In 2008, the new President of Turkmenistan Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov lifted a ban on circus.
- The cost of reconstruction was $17.9 million.
- In October 2009, the Turkmen State Circus was opened with the first presentation.
- Building was designed to resist seismic tremors up to 9 on the Richter scale.
- Building is unsupported and has a scaly coating.
- Seating capacity of the circus – 1,700 seats.
- A 16-m high flagpole with the national flag of Turkmenistan was installed on the dome of the Ashgabat circus.
- The facade of the building is fully coated with white marble and granite, and new stained glass windows were installed across the perimeter.