Building Name -: Piano House
Location -: Huainan (Anhui Province), China
Architect -: Architectural students at Hefei University of Technology
Year of Construction -: 2007
- Designed by students of Architecture Department Hefeyskogo University of Technology (Hefey University of Technology),developed in conjunction with the designers of Huainan Fangkai Decoration Project Co.
- Piano House consists of two parts, representing the two instruments – (i) Violin, is made transparent glass (ii) Grand Piano, is made of black and transparent glass
- The Piano and accompanying violin entrance are built on a true 50:1 scale, perhaps making them the largest to scale instruments in the world.
- Glass Violin serves the entrance to the Grand Piano via escalators.
- The piano house stands on three concrete legs shaped just like a real Piano.
- There is a roof terrace beneath a canopy which is shaped like the piano’s open top.
- The building serves as an Urban Planning Exhibition Hall, it is also being used by city officials as a showroom to display plans for more innovative architectural projects in the city of Huainan.
- The grand piano base of the building houses two concert halls as this house was originally constructed for music lovers. It is now being used by music students from a local college.