As we all know that Vaastu Shastra plays very important role in construction of building, planning a city or town, construction of temple etc. And in Vaastu Shastra there is a very important concept, i.e. Navagraha Vatika or Garden.
Navgraha Vatika means garden of 9 plantes represented by the plants or trees or bushes or grasses which have the forces of 9 planets. These plants and trees of 9 planets are planted in a particular direction to get the benefit of 9 planets and then it is called the Navagraha Vatika.
Importance of Navagraha Vatika
Navagaraha Vatika is very important and sources of energy if planted anywhere. As these plants represent different plantes i.e. represents different celestial forces so this vatika is used to get the power o f navagraha.
- Navagraha Vatika or garden is used to get the power of Navagraha
- It protects the vastu from the malefic effects of 9 planets
- It energizes the vastu where the plants are planted
- It gives the person healthy and wealthy life
- It protects from various diseases
- Navagraha Vatika gives a new look to the vastu
- If planted heartly in auspicious time and in well directions then it attracts the power of divine energies
- Remove vastu dosha
Where to make this Navagraha Vatika
It will not increase the beauty of your vastu but also increase the energy of your vastu
- In hotel
- Industrial Area
- Farm House
- On the Terrace of house
Navagrah Plants with its Directions:
- Swetharka or Calotopis: Represent Sun or surya and planted at the middle or center.
- Palash or Butea Monosperma: Represent Moon or chandra planted in south-east direction.
- Kadhira or Nalla sandra or Acacia Catechu: Represent Mars or Mangal and planted in South Direction
- Apamarg or Achyranthus Aspera: Represent Mercury or Buddh and planted in North Direction
- Peepal or Ashwathha or Ficus Religiosa: Represent Guru or Jupiter and planted in the North-East Direction.
- Anjeer or Fig or Ficus Racemosa: Represent Venus or shukra and planted at East Direction.
- Sami or Khari or Prosopis Cenneraria: Represent Saturn or Shani and planted in West Direction.
- Dhurva or Cynodon Dactylon: Represent Rahu or Dragon’s Head and planted in South West Direction.
- Darbha or Imperata Cylindrica or Thatch Grass: Represent Ketu or Dragon’s Tail and planted in North West Direction.
Navgraha Vatika creates positive energy and purify the air. For this reason a Navagraha Vatika is constructed inside the administration block of the jail premises of Tihar Jail. The garden, which was constructed by putting together representational structures of nine planets along with trees that signify them, is supposed to be auspicious as per astrology. It is currently open to inmates of the semi-open jail and staff members, but the authorities are planning to construct one garden in each sub-jail in the near future.